Friday, November 7, 2008

Expired Ticket

We use Go card when we take bus/ferry/train in Brisbane area all the time. It is convenient, saves money due to 20% discount of regular price, and help environment because there is no need to print ticket every time.

I like this system even it does not work well all the time, but they will refund the money if the card reader makes mistake and you call the service center to complain it.

I always wonder why there are still many people prefer to buy ticket every time or using other kind of ticket. I know why some people don't use Go card. When we took bus yesterday evening, we overheard one person from country Cxxxx told her friend proudly about how she could use expired ticket to take bus for several days. She said that bus driver has no time to read the print-out ticket carefully and won't be able to tell if she is holding an expired ticket. Of course they used their country language in their conversation. We could understand that language unfortunately even we don't come from that country.

This reminds me one conversation on school shuttle when I studied in US. Two people from that same country Cxxxx talked about how they made fake car accidence to get insurance company to pay big money to them. They were proud of what they were doing and one person was trying to teach the other one how to do it.

Sigh! I certainly don't like this kind of behavior. I am sorry that I did not stand up to explore her bad behavior.

No comments: