Wednesday, February 11, 2009

sick?

I have severe headache and cold sweat, and suffer from vomiting and diarrhea since yesterday afternoon.

First, it was irregular headache starting after 11 am. Then the headache became very painful after 3 pm combined with strong vomiting feeling. I tried very hard to tolerate these painful feeling because I have several experiments need to finish. I went for diarrhea and started cold sweat badly after 4:30 pm. My whole body was shaking when I prepared gel loading sample and loaded my gels and could barely stand after 5 pm. I almost couldn't hold stuffs when I scanned my gels around 6 pm.

I was too sick to start bacteria culture and ligation for today's experiments. I left lab and walked to my husband's lab around 6:15 pm. I asked my husband to drive car to school to pick me up because I had no energy to walk to its parking location.

I took pain killer to stop the continuous painful headache after we got home, but it didn't work. I rested on our sofa to comfort my body, but it did not help. Suddenly the vomiting feeling became unbearable and I run to the kitchen sink to vomit. Most vomit stuffs got into sink, but some of them came out onto floor, cabinet, kitchen towel, and dish holder before I reached the sink. It was really disgusting, but my husband helped to clean it up. I think that I emptied my stomach because the sink was half full and I have worried it the sink would be stuck. Luckily, the sink was fine.

After this, the vomiting feeling was eased very much. I went to brush my teeth and took one more pain killer because I thought the previous might be in the sink now. My headache was still unbearable. I would scream if I still had energy.

My husband made dinner, but I have no appetite to eat anything because anything got into my stomach made me vomiting.

I tried to sleep, but the headache kept me awake until this morning sometimes. I still feel sick now, but it is better than last night.

==============
This is an email I sent to my labmate:

I have suffered severe headache, cold sweat, and vomiting and diarrhea since yesterday afternoon. I am not sure if I am sick or something else. I would like to stay home today because I still feel weak and bad even I am better than yesterday.

I barely finished the following works yesterday afternoon
(1) transformation for PCR# 187 (RACodNos), 188 (RACodNosV2) into pGEM-T EZ,
(2) gel running for the colony PCR of PUKR-RACodNos, and
(3) gel running for the digestion result of pDNA 175-5 (TuIntron in pGEM-T EZ), 176-1 (AcIntron in pGEM-T EZ), and 186-8 (ZF sites).

There were some good colonies in colony PCR. I felt too sick to write down information on the gel image, start the new culture and ligation yesterday.

If you are sick and unable to go to school today, you could stay home because I already asked Lilian's help to take yesterday's transformation plates out today for us.

If you are OK and want to start bacteria culture for PUKR-RACodNos and cloning for pDNA 175-5, 176-1 and 186-8, the information on that gel images are
(2) PUKR-RACodNos: in the order of colony #1-22 and followed with PUKR's Ubi in the last column.
(3) pDNA 175-5, 176-1 and 186-8: no cut and Roche clean up of 175-5, no cut and Roche clean up of 176-1, no cut, double digestion, and gel extraction with QIAEX of 186-8. Each loading is 2 uL of sample except the gel extraction with QIAEX is 4 uL. The last 2 columns are lambda DNA which indicates 50 and 100 ng.

No comments: