Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Aggressive driver

I don't like those aggressive drivers.

Driver's attitude is one way I use to judge the civilization level in a country. I always remember that the suddenly change when I left Taiwan and arrived US. I have to look around in all directions and be careful very much when I tried to cross a road in Taiwan no matter if that is a green light for me to walk. I don't need to pay much attention when I cross a road in US because most drivers will stop and wait for pedestrian to cross.

I thought that Australia might be similar to US, but I am wrong. Well, it is better than Taiwan, but much worse than US. I have to look around and wait for those aggressive drivers to pass through first if I don't want to be run down by them. I have to run through the regular and roundabout pedestrians' crossing several times when those cars run toward me from 100 meters away and passed me at top speed sounding its horn. I did not want to take my chance to see if those drivers will slow down to avoid hitting me because I feel that they don't care.

No comments: