Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Eve

It is almost end of the 2008. We are counting down now.

It was very hot this afternoon, about 35 °C. We went to shopping mall to get away from the heat. It is 24.6 °C outside. Our landlords and their friends are talking in their patio. We are watching the TV for midnight fireworks.

(ps. I posted this at 11:40pm)

This year is very specific for me.

People in my country elected a pro-China president in March. I know that I don't like this result, but I have to respect their decision because this is what democracy is.

I worked very hard to submit my dissertation in the last day and got my degree in May.

I came back to my country with my husband in May. An unexpected incident happened to me in International Airport upon arrival. I was handcuffed and arrested due to a political persecution. It was a terrible and terrifying shock for me. I have been fighting very hard for my basic human rights and freedom of speech since then.

I withdrew myself from society and all my ideals and dreams since then. Closing up myself was the only way I knew to heal up myself. I came to Australia to be with my husband together in early July.

The dishonor councilwoman withdraw her nonsense accusation in mid-July. Thanks to the support and trust of all my family members during the whole process. Without them, I won't be here now. Thanks to the help from friends in Green Party Taiwan.

No comments: