Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dairy-free Chocolate Recipes

I am not quite sure if I have chronic milk allergy because I have been sick with breath problem for 10 years. No doctor figured out what's wrong with me. I read some articles talking about chronic food allergy, so I decided not to eat food contained milk product to test if I will feel better. There are so many commercial foods containing milk powder in their ingredient, so I decide to make my own dairy-free food. I can take milk out of my tea, coffee, and bread easily, but how about chocolate related food? Here are some recipes I found and I will try them sometime in the future.

=================
Our first test on Aug 7, 2010

Mix sugar 50g + cocoa powder 20g + Self-raising flour 70g together
-> Add canola oil 32g and water 40g, then mix
-> Separate to 15 bite-size pieces and bake 15 min at 180 oC

(note) It is very delicious with strong cocoa favor. We love it. I will suggest to use less sugar because I prefer to have a little bit bitter taste for chocolate related desert.

-----------------------------
My second test

Mix sugar 50g + canola oil 32g
-> Add cocoa powder 20g and mix
-> Add 1 egg and mix
-> Add self-raising flour 70g and salt 0.75g, then mix
-> Bake 10-15 min at 180 oC

=======================
Dairy-free Chocolate Recipes

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies ( 35個 )
Ingredients:
A: 2 cups of sugar (380 g)... 3/4 cup of oil (180 cc = 144 g)...
B: 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (60 g)...
C: 4 eggs ... 2 teaspoon vanilla extract ...
D: 2 1/3 cups of flour (280 g)... 2 teaspoon baking soda (11 g) ... 1/2 teaspoon salt (3 g)...

Other:
E: Powdered sugar

作法:
{一}.. 將 A 打發後加入 B 攪拌均勻..再加入 C 至全部攪拌均勻 ...
{二}.. 材料 D 均過篩...加入作法{一}...
{三}.. 外沾用的糖粉E放在盤子裡 ...取少許的麵糰滾圓後(註2)..
再均勻的沾滾上糖粉...然後再稍稍搓圓放在鋪了烘焙紙的烤盤上...
{四}.. 烤箱預熱350度..烘烤10-12分即可...

註1 : 我覺得 2 杯糖的甜度剛剛好...
註2 : 我是用挖小球冰淇淋的scoop( 1T.) 整形的...
註3 : 整的越大.. 烘烤的時間就越久...
註4: 我通常會在烘焙的前一天先完成作法{二} ... 如此麵糰較易操作...
另外 .. 整的越小..糖粉就會用的越多...

===========================
Chocolate Cookie

Material (approximately 15)
Cake flour 70g
Cocoa (unsweetened) 30g
Sugar 50g
Salad oil 2 tablespoons
Milk 2 tablespoons
Vanilla oil (if any) 2 to 3 drops
Powdered sugar Appropriate
◆ Beikingupauda 0.25 tsp (without OK)

Mix flour, cocoa powder and sugar together
-> Add oil & vanilla oil and mix
-> Add milk and mix to dough
-> Separate to 15 bite-size pieces and bake 180 oC for 15 min
-> Sprinkle some sugar powder

No comments: