Monday, July 4, 2022

Losing ourselves

No one was working in the lab at night and on weekends when I studied in the USA.  Security guards even came to drive people home after 7 pm at the USDA.

When working in Australia, people started to leave work from 4:00 pm, and almost no one stayed in the laboratory after 6:00 pm.

At TORI, it is basically the same, people work on regular working hours.  But in the industry, the boss or the cooperative team expects employees to be available and work at night and on weekends. Why! Is the quality of life so unimportant?  What have we achieved while losing ourselves?

I want to get myself back.  I have to change because I don't need to be alive if my life has no me in there.

以前在美國時,到了晚上及週末,實驗室就沒人在工作了。在USDA待超過晚上7點時,警衛就來趕人回家。

在澳洲工作時,下午4點開始就陸陸續續有人開始下班,6點過後幾乎沒人還會待在實驗室。

在 TORI時,基本上也是如此,但是到了業界,業主或老闆或合作團隊都期待員工可以24小時工作和待命。為什麼啊!難道生活品質這麼不重要?在失去自我的同時,我們到底成就了什麼?

No comments: