Sunday, January 4, 2009

Junk Food

I told my husband that I miss the life in the US. What do I miss most?

The convenient supermarket and department stores: Many of them are opened 16-24 hours per day. Goods are cheaper and more brands/varieties.

The better bank and credit card company: No annual fee but with more benefits and rebate program for credit card. Less or no fee but with more services provided by bank.

The better food: Many varieties of delicious and cheaper ice cream, especially the chocolate and coffee taste. Cheaper Coca Cola which is necessary soft drink for baked chicken or fried potato chip. Gee! I think that I miss those junk food in US very much.

I think the most unbearable thing in here is the poor quality and variety of ice cream. Basically, there are only plain vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream in the Australia supermarket. You can find more than 40 different taste in US supermarket, such as Edy's, Blue Bunny, American Choice, Turkey Hill, Greens, ... Ice cream and chocolate are my favorites. I remember I was vegetarian for several years due to animal rights. I did not eat any animal product in that time including milk and egg. The only thing that I could not resist in that time was ice cream.

No comments: