Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Small Chat about Taiwan

I was doing a lot of tissue culture work today. It is a routine work and people get sleepy easily especially after lunch. I have a small chat with my colleague from India. I don't talk political issues in the lab usually because I don't want to reveal my political viewpoint after the terrible event happened on my in May 2008. I was surprised that we talked about the relationship between Taiwan and China. I said that I don't like China because this country tries to invade Taiwan and claims to use military force to take over Taiwan if Taiwan dares to announce independence. But 2 of the biggest problems for Taiwan are (1) some Taiwanese think they are Chinese, (2) current ruling party KMT is promoting unification because they believe or they try to convince people that China is part of Taiwan. My India friend said that the first problem is bad and the second problem is very funny. Nobody in the world will think that China is part of Taiwan.

No comments: