Thursday, April 23, 2009

Strange Labmate

There is one labmate with strange behavior in our lab.

Our lab is a big group with many people, so we use booking note to reserve the time slot for the usage of many equipments including thermal shakers, big centrifuges, PCR machines, laminar hoods, and gene shoot gun.

There is one person who always ignore other people's reservation and put his name on the same time slot and use it without asking the person who already reserves that time slot. It happened to me twice on PCR machines and twice on thermal shakers. It was not a happy thing to see the PCR machine became unavailable when I took the ready-to-go PCR samples to the machine on time. It is not fun when I had my bacteria culture ready to put into shaker and found the shaker has been occupied by other person. I know it happens not just on me but also other people. Sigh! I don't understand why that person keeps doing this.

No comments: